Thanks to all who submitted presentation-proposals for the 2009
code4lib conference. This year, like last, we'll have 22
presentations. Below is an alphabetical list of the 22 presentations
which got the most votes; we'll post a schedule shortly.

To those attending the conference who want to share interesting work
and thoughts, know that lightning-talks (short, five-minute talks) are
a valued core part of this conference. Sign-up sheets for these will
be available at the conference.

- A modern open webservice-based GIS infrastructure
- A new frontier - the Open Library Environment (OLE)
- A New Platform for Open Data - Introducing ‡biblios.net Web Services
- Blacklight as a unified discovery platform
- Complete faceting
- djatoka for dummies
- Extending biblios, the open source web based metadata editor
- Freebasing for Fun and Enhancement
- FreeCite - An Open Source Free-Text Citation Parser
- Great facets, like your relevance, but can I have links to Amazon
and Google Book Search?
- How Anarchivist Got His Groove Back 2: DVCS, Archival Description,
and Workflow Integration
- LibX 2.0
- Like a can opener for your data silo: simple access through AtomPub
and Jangle
- LuSql: (Quickly and easily) Getting your data from your DBMS into
Lucene
- Open Up Your Repository With a SWORD!
- RESTafarian-ism at the NLA
- The Dashboard Initiative
- The Open Platform Strategy: what it means for library developers
- The Rising Sun: Making the most of Solr power
- Visualizing Media Archives: A Case Study
- What We Talk About When We Talk About FRBR
- Why libraries should embrace Linked Data

More conference info coming soon.

-Birkin

---
Birkin James Diana
Programmer, Integrated Technology Services
Brown University Library