On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 17:09, Ardie Bausenbach <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Since that time, many other national libraries have moved from
> their national formats to MARC 21, including (among others),
> the UK, Germany, Finland, and Spain.

I know a few more, but another point worth, er, screaming about, is
the various AACT2 / RDA / other rules changes that's not linked to
MARC at all. I know a lot of it is covered in MARC documentation, but
there's hidden gems, like punctuations, symbols, character-encodings,
etc which aren't always specified.

If the library world embraced XML as a minimum a lot could be fixed in
that area (and no, XMLMARC does not qualify :).

Regards,

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps