On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 18:06, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Because their customers are not demanding it, and they
> often don't have the technical expertise to understand
> why it matters anyway.  But mainly because
> their customers are not demanding it.

So, um, could librarians everywhere start being just a tad bit more
demanding about this stuff? You know, before your profession becomes
obsoleted from this planet?

Actually, I was wondering what areas MODS can't handle which MARC
does, hijack and / or change MODS to fit it (what I know of it seems a
bit limiting, but through XML certainly extensible). Shouldn't folks
start by demanding at least MODS (or XOBIS if we're *really* crazy :)?

Regards,

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps