The Getty terms do seem to be more or less what I'm looking for, under
"information artifacts by physical forms". I'm not sure if I can re-use
them without a license from them though?

And oddly it breaks things into different hiearchies than I would. To
me, "CD" vs. "phonograph record" are peers, when the CD is being used to
hold sound.  But AAT keeps "CD" out of the "sound recordings"
hieararchy, and instead just puts it in "machine-readable artifacts".  I
guess this is the danger of hieararchy, especially with such a slippery
concept as form.

It's also a bit more in-depth then I really need. Hmm.

For digital sans container format, I think Internet Content Type (MIME
Type) is probably sufficient.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind