Hi,
Have you looked at PBCore? It's a metadata standard developed by the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting and is used for tv and other
multi media cataloging. They should have a pretty good controlled
vocabulary list. Try this:  formatPhysical (http://www.pbcore.org/
PBCore/formatPhysical.html) and formatDigital (http://www.pbcore.org/
PBCore/formatDigital.html)

hth,