Birkin James Diana wrote:

> So... THE IDEA...
>
> Here's a call to find existing internet videos on code4lib type issues
> -- or CREATE YOUR OWN. They can range from 'blog-in-10-minutes' type
> tutorials to pure talking-head rants about how SOA will save the
> world. At some point we'll invite you to submit your favorites (can be
> your own or others'), and during one of the two open 20-minute slots
> we have in the conference, we'll show one or two depending on time.
I think this an outstanding idea.   I could forsee a couple of Kiosk
displays set up in common areas that would play short videos on Code4Lib
subjects during the open time slots or perhaps during the breaks.  For
conferences that I have been involved in the planning on we have tried
to schedule breaks between formal presentation time slots that are a bit
longer than what it takes to get a quick cup of  copy (we also have
multiple current sessions) to provide some networking time and allow
participants to demo something on one of the kiosk machines.

What would make the virtual lightning talks really interesting is if one
could pre-schedule some short webinars during break time slots that
would allow the presenters, on site participants, and remote viewers to
participate at the same time.