I saw a great presentation by Jesse Haro from Phoenix Public on their Endeca
catalog.  They had their catalogers go back and recatalog the entire
collection with BISAC headings.  You might want to see if you can get in
touch with him to see if he has any information for you.

http://mlamasslib.blogspot.com/2008/05/endeca-developments-in-opac-world.html

Andrew