Jonathan,

Don't confuse the SAP community for OpenURL in general. It is the
community profiles and their implied consensus that are the limiting
factors in this case.

In contrast, I can imagine other OpenURL profiles that are open-ended
and dynamic, although I would agree this is somewhat problematic given
the current community profile schema.

Jeff

Of
> Jonathan Rochkind
> Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:40 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] audio/video citations in an OpenURL
>
> Would it be a legal OpenURL to use any of those in an OpenURL? They
> aren't approved for OpenURL use, right?
>
> But if I have to do something non-standard with OpenURL, might as well
> use a non-OpenURL standard, sure.
>
> In general, the lack of easy extensibility of OpenURL is a flaw that
> hopefully we will learn from in subsequent standards.
>
> Jonathan
>
> Ross Singer wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Jonathan Rochkind
> wrote:
> >

> >> Hmm, I could send a DC KEV OpenURL (ie info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:dc ;
there
> >> is no format for an XML DC? Kind of odd), and use the "type"
element.

http://alcme.oclc.org/openurl/servlet/OAIHandler?verb=GetRecord&metadata
Pr