Actually, I meant 'free' in both senses, but mostly in the sense of
'free of charge'.  I hate to be blunt, but I think it's pretty safe to
say that Ubuntu, Koha, GIMP, OpenOffice, Joomla and even the option of
Linux itself would never exist or have gained traction and a developer
base if these products were not freely available.  Groovix and Userful
are selling proprietary public-use computer management packages at a
higher cost than their XP equivalents.  If an open source LTSP solution
were available under Linux (as in the Edubuntu package for schools) I
would be much happier about recommending Linux as a solution for
public-use computers in small to medium-sized independent public
libraries.

Again, I would invite those interested in providing help on this project
to look at the feature list of 'Time Limit Manager' from Fortres --
that's what I want in an LTSP package.  (As an analogy, remember that
Koha was once just an idea floating around in some idealistic New
Zealander's head.)

http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/tlm/tlm.htm

Cheers,
-- Darrell