Thanks, I have heard of CSL but never really worked with it.  Do you know if
it is specifically geared toward Zotero's SQLite data structures?  We're
interested in generating citations in web apps from a native XML database of
MODS, preferably without going through Zotero.

I've experimented with generating the citations from our eXist-based system
by way of Zotero, but we run into genre-authority issues.  Zotero's default
MODS import translator expects <mods:genre authority="marcgt"> and our
system uses other authorities.  Granted, I'm working off of some older
Zotero code, so I may not have the most recent info.

-Andy