At Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:12:39 -0400,
Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
> Leaving aside religious issues I just want to be  sure we're clear on one
> point: the work required for the info URI process is exactly the amount of
> work required, no more no less.  It forces you to specify clear syntax and
> semantics, normalization (if applicable), etc.  If you go a different route
> because it's less work, then you're probably avoiding doing work that needs
> to be done.

Reading over your previous message regarding mapping SuDocs syntax to
URI syntax, I completely agree about the necessity of clarifying these
rules.

But I was referring to the bureaucratic overhead (little thought it
may be) in registering an info: URI. This overhead may or may not be
useful, but it is there, including a submission process, internal
review, & public comments (according the draft info URI registry
policy).

-Erik