Does anyone know the process for registering a sub-scheme for info: uris?

I'd like to have one for SuDoc classification numbers, info:sudoc/.

I'm not sure if I can register that on my own, without working with the
US Government Printing Office, who actually maintains sudocs.  But if I
have to get GPO to do it, I'll probably give up quicker (unless it turns
out easier than I thought to find the right person at GPO and get them
to sign on -- I doubt it!). Or if the registration process is really
long and onerous.

But if it's easy enough to just fill out a form and get info:sudoc
registered, I'd rather it be legal than use things that look like an
info uri but really aren't a legally registered sub-scheme.

Anyone know?

Jonathan