From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Edward M. Corrado
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Free cover images?

Hello all,

We are reevaluating our source of cover images. At this point I have
identified four possible sources of free images:

1. Amazon
2. Google Books
3. LibraryThing
4. OpenLibrary

I know that their is some question if the Amazon and Google books images

will allow this (although I've also yet to hear Amazon or Google telling

libraries that use their Web services for this to cease and desist).
However, besides that issue, has anyone noticed any technical problems
with any of these four? I'm especially concerned about slow and/or
non-consistent performance.

Edward