I am looking for the easiest possible way to get a legal URI
representing a sudoc.

My understanding, after looking at this stuff previously, is that info:
is a LOT lower barrier than urn:, and that's part of it's purpose.

Before Ed or someone else mentions http, to me, using http: URIs would
only make sense if the GPO were actually interested in supporting such
in a persistent way. I don't really want to have to go down that road
just to get a legal URI for a sudoc, but if someone else does, please
feel free. :)

Jonathan