You are correct that I didn't say that you should never have unresolvable
identifiers and I wasn't implying that either.  Though I was pointing out
that sticking <a href="info:lccn/sh2009123456">Text</a> into the hypertext
system where info URIs are unresolvable negates the effect of linking to it
in the first place.

Andy.