Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 22:38, Dr R. Sanderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I would encourage looking at rdf triplestores seriously, if the graph
>> approach is the direction that you want to go in.
>
> Or, Topic Maps which is *not* a triplestore, closer to the OO model
> (basically a meta data model), and don't carry the stack "overflow" of
> RDF (RDF, RDFs, OWL 1-2-3) nor anonymous nodes. :)

That's not an entirely useful comparison on topic maps and RDF. I suggest:

http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/tmrdf.html

We currently use topic maps, alot, in our infrastructure. If we were
starting again tomorrow, I'd advocate using RDF instead, mainly because
of the much better tool support and take-up.

cheers
stuart

--
Stuart Yeates