On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 14:33, stuart yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> That's not an entirely useful comparison on topic maps and RDF.

If I indented to be useful I'd write something substantial, backed up
with stuff other than humour. I'll give that a go the next time. :)

> We currently use topic maps, alot, in our infrastructure. If we were
> starting again tomorrow, I'd advocate using RDF instead, mainly because of
> the much better tool support and take-up.

Hmm, not a good thing at all. Could you elaborate, though, as I use it
too as part of infrastructure too, and wouldn't touch RDF / SemWeb
without a long stick? I'm into application semantics and shared
knowledge-bases. What are you guys doing where you feel the support
and tools are lacking? And what are the RDF alternatives?

Regards,

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps