> ------------------------------
> Date:    Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:36:30 -0400
> From:    "Diane I. Hillmann" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Serials Solutions Summon

> 3. Because they also have data on what journals any particular library
> customer has subscribed to, they can customize the product for each
> library, ensuring that the library's users aren't served a bunch of
> results that they ultimately can't access.

This is one of the great advantages of a local aggregated index, being able
to flag which documents are actually available to your users, and giving
them the choice of searching only for these. Lund University's ELIN does
this and it's really popular. (See a picture
<http://people.bath.ac.uk/lislgl/elin.png>)

Is this being offered in Summon and WorldCat Local?

--
Laurence Lockton
University of Bath