The WorldCat Mashathon is not limited to OCLC member institutions, and we
certainly had non-OCLC participants at the New York event. We have many
APIs, some of which are open to anyone to use and others that require a key.
Again, depending on the API, for some you may need to qualify for access to
receive a key. We know that we could do a better job making these
distinctions apparent, which is something we'll be trying to clarify. In any
case, everyone who attends will be provided with an OCLC Web Services Key
(WSKey) that will be valid for the period of the event. Those who already
have a key will be welcome to use their existing key as well.
Roy