On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I wonder how xID handles superceded OCLCnums, if it'll still succesfully
> find the right matches for you?

This is documented in
http://xisbn.worldcat.org/xisbnadmin/xoclcnum/api.htm#deleted

"Worldcat uses OCLC Control Number Cross-Reference to track deleted OCLC
numbers. When an OCLC number is deleted, it's still search-able from this
service. In the response, we use presentOclcnum to specify present OCLC
number. For example 2416076 was merged into 24991049, a request of the
deleted number 2416076 will return:

      <rsp xmlns="http://worldcat.org/xid/xoclcnum/" stat="ok">
      <oclcnum lccn="34025476" presentOclcnum="24991049">2416076</oclcnum>
      </rsp>

The presentOclcnum field is omitted when an OCLC number is active, so
request to current OCLC number 24991049 returns:

      <rsp xmlns="http://worldcat.org/xid/xoclcnum/" stat="ok">
      <oclcnum lccn="34025476" >24991049</oclcnum>
      </rsp>

Xiaoming