Alexander Johannesen wrote:

> Yeah, don't use MODS in general; it's a hack. It's even crazier still
> that many versions have the same namespace. What were they thinking?!

Um, MODS is awfully useful for a bunch of reasons. I'm not going to stop
using it because they've used namespaces in a way you don't approve of.

In the real world, we use things when they solve the problem in front of
us in as easy a way as possible, bonus when they are actually standards
used by a few other people (like MODS is).   If you have the luxury to
avoid using things that you don't believe are theoretically sound (and
inter-operating with anyone who does use those things), good on you, I
guess.

Jonathan