Nate Vack writes:
 > OK, here's one for y'all,
 >
 > Anyone know of a source of historical journal value data? I've seen
 > the "OMG Article Costs Will Bury Libraries" graph a million times, but
 > I've only ever seen spotty data points for cost/article or
 > cost/character.
 >
 > Anyone know if that data exists, and where it might be found?

There is some good data in the links to John Baez's website, and Don
Knuth's open letter, found in Scott Aaronson's review of The Access
Principle (which is couched as a review but is really a call to arms,
and one well worth reading).
	http://www.scottaaronson.com/writings/journal.html

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <[log in to unmask]>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "You question the worthiness of my code?  I should kill you
	 where you stand!" -- Klingon Programming Mantra