I wanted to find out how much my house would be worth today in a
"normal" situation (if there is such a thing in the housing market).
WolframAlpha helped me to formulate the query

$96900 (1985 dollars)

and then gave me the answer, adjusted for an average inflation of
about 2.8% per year.

Google gave me a bunch of irrelevant links, which is odd, since Google
understand all kinds of conversions and other factual queries. Maybe
it just wasn't phrased correctly, but Google didn't help me to find
the correct phrasing.

Sharon M. Foster, 99% Librarian (waiting for the official okey-dokey
to change it to 100%)
Speaker-to-Computers
http://www.vsa-software.com/mlsportfolio/