Sharon Foster writes:
 > I wanted to find out how much my house would be worth today in a
 > "normal" situation (if there is such a thing in the housing market).
 > WolframAlpha helped me to formulate the query
 >
 > $96900 (1985 dollars)
 >
 > and then gave me the answer, adjusted for an average inflation of
 > about 2.8% per year.
 >
 > Google gave me a bunch of irrelevant links, which is odd, since Google
 > understand all kinds of conversions and other factual queries. Maybe
 > it just wasn't phrased correctly, but Google didn't help me to find
 > the correct phrasing.

Funny.  I test-drove Wolfram Alpha with a dozen queries off the top of
my head, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them gave "Wolfram|Alpha isn't sure
what to do with your input".

So I was less impressed than you.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <[log in to unmask]>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Have you killed anyone?" / "Yes, but they were all bad" --
	 Arnold Schwartzenegger, "True Lies".