As our users and we are having fun with vuFIND, I'm taking stock after 1-2 years of working with vuFIND, to send out a few general questions,

   1. is vuFIND primarily an experiment? if not why haven’t more sites switched to production like VU or NLA?
   2. is SOLR indexing satisfactory?
   3. how many staff are needed for vuFIND’s viable maintenance? for developing/adding features?
   4. do we want vuFIND to measure up to the ILS (Voyager, Aleph, III, etc.) OPAC,  or we like it as an alternative, for its discovery tools?
   5. what is plan B at your institution for when the vuFIND guru leaves?
   6. do we need someone to co-work with Andrew on the installation package? on keeping track of developments, road maps?
   7. which collections, other than the catalog and OAI/repositories have we added? which API to other collections have we installed? are now tested?

I’m sure many of us cope with these questions and could benefit from the variety of our replies. Kindest thanks,
Ya’aqov Ziso, Electronic Resource Management Librarian, Rowan University 856 256 4804