Hi Andrew,

> If you are using some sort of XSL processor in a programming
> language (java, php, ruby) you can "assign" a variable to the
> xsl file and use the variable in the file much like you would
> in any other scripting environment.

The XSL processor is (I assume) being invoked from within the OPAC's Java program, but alas, I don't have access to the source code (and am not a Java programmer anyway).

> You can also go one step ahead and use XQuery which gives you
> the ability to access a FLOWR based enviornment where you can
> declare variables and introduce some more advanced logic over XSL.

I'm not familiar with this, but will look into it.  Thanks.

-- Michael

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office