friends,  from the Copyright Office - see #2 -

Colleagues,
Please see below for two job postings.  Best regards.

Maria Pallante
Associate Register, Policy and International Affairs
U.S. Copyright Office
Library of Congress
T.202.707.4671 direct
T.202.707.1027 main

1. Counsel for Policy and International Affairs
This is a mid-level attorney position with promotion
possibilities, reporting to the Associate Register for Policy and
International Affairs, U.S. Copyright Office, Library of
Congress. It includes a rich mix of domestic and international
copyright law and policy, substantive work for and with
Congressional Offices and Executive Branch Agencies, and travel
to intergovernmental meetings. Federal benefits.

Vacancy #: 090099
GS-0905-13 - Copyright - $86,927.00 - $113,007.00
Opening Date: Jun 17, 2009
Closing Date: Jul 20, 2009

All applicants must go through the official on-line process.
Please see USA Jobs for full posting at
http://jobview.usajobs.gov/getjob.aspx?OPMControl=1594072

2. Expert Consultant for Digitization

The Copyright Office has begun a new multi-year effort to
digitize nearly 90 million catalog cards, record book pages, and
microfilm records containing facts about the ownership of
copyrights from 1870 to 1998.  The principal goals are to
preserve the records (many of which have historical and cultural
value) and to provide online access for the public.  To achieve
these goals the Copyright Office seeks to create good quality
image files of the paper and microfilm records and index them in
the best manner affordable.

We have learned a lot about digitization from our contacts with
other organizations that have similar projects including the
Smithsonian, the Archives, and other parts of the Library of
Congress, but our knowledge and experience is limited.  We would
therefore like to engage expert consultant services to help us
select the correct resolution, bit depth, tonality, compression,
and file formats for these records as well as to advise on
quality assurance and inventory control.

Any leads or recommendations in this regard would be most
appreciated.  Interested contractors may directly contact Michael
Burke, Project Manager, at (202) 707-8356 or [log in to unmask]