Hi Edward,

Might I suggest you look into cloud computing services if you're looking at
different options. (I know you're all shocked I suggested it).  If our
budget weren't so abysmal (and going to get worse) we would be using it
right now rather than the snap server we purchased with leftover funds.  The
benefits of using the cloud is of course the elasticity it offers you.  The
negative is that you have to pay to put your files into the cloud and then
pay again to take them out (and since we've already been slashed 30% and are
guaranteed another slash...that idea was shot down).

Of course the major player out there is Amazon S3.  The problem is that you
can't use S3 via Amazon's Web Management Console.  But there is a company
called RightScale (http://www.rightscale.com/index.php) which has a web
management console that allows you to upload files quickly and easily
without having to write scripts and what not.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Rosalyn