Edward Iglesias wrote:
> Thanks to all of you who answered.  Crowdsourcing does work if you
> pick the right crowd.  We have been looking at the S3 possibility but
> I agree this would have to be a second copy.

There been lots of talk about hardware platorms but not much about
software to manage all that data.  You might want to take a look at
DuraCloud from DuraSpace (http://duraspace.org/duracloud.php).
DuraSpace is the recently created organization from the merger of Fedora
and DSpace.  When I first started at Cornell 12 years ago I sat next to
Sandy Payette, who is now the CEO of DuraSpace.