[cross-posted to padiforum-l, dlf-announce, diglib, digital-preservation, digipres, dspace-general, eprints-tech, fedora-commons-users, and code4lib]

A draft conference program for iPRES 2009 is available on the conference website at:

http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/confsched.html

Highlights include these keynote and plenary speakers and panels:

* David Kirsch will give a keynote address entitled: "The Public Interest in Private Digital Records and Why We Should Care if Corporations have the Right to be Forgotten."

* Members of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital Preservation and Access will host a keynote panel session, giving their "Perspectives on the Economics of Sustainable Digital Preservation."

* Henry Lowood on "Memento Mundi: Are Virtual Worlds History?"

* Martha Anderson on "The National Digital Stewardship Alliance Charter: Enabling Collaboration to Achieve National Digital Preservation."

* A panel discussion including Tyler Walters, Liz Bishoff, Emily Gore, Mark Jordan and Thomas Wilson on "Distributed Digital Preservation: Technical, Sustainability, and Organizational Developments."

In addition, leading researchers and practitioners in digital preservation will discuss current and future projects, developments and trends.

Also, look for other events during this unofficial "digital preservation week" in San Francisco including PREMIS and JHOVE2 workshops, open meetings from the Int'l Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) and the Int'l DOI Foundation, and the Sun-PASIG meeting:

http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/schedule.html

Thanks again to our sponsors for their generous support of iPRES 2009: Sun (Platinum level); Isilon Systems, ExLibris, and IMLS (Gold level); Tessella (Silver level); NetApp, Filetek and NDIIPP (Bronze level); and DuraSpace (Sponsor).

Early-bird registration is available through September 11, 2009.

Have a look at our Social Networking page and join us on Facebook, Twitter (hashtag #ipres09), Crowdvine and Flickr.

Perry Willett

Digital Preservation Services Manager

California Digital Library

415 20th St., 4th Floor