> ...Today is the last day to nominate/defend/decry nominees for
> Code4Lib2010 in Asheville...

I'll renominate one of Gabe's excellent suggestions last year in case
it hasn't already been submitted this year:

Adrian Holovaty

Adrian is co-creator and a bdfl of django, a journalist, an inspirer
of Greasemonkey, an influencer of google-maps, a winner of a $1.1m
Knight Foundation grant (the org promotes journalism), and creator of everyblock.com
.

One reason for this suggestion: my interest in parallels between the
mission and, recently, rapidly changing place of journalism and the
library world -- such as the loss of exclusive gate-keeper roles due
to tech advances, and new opportunities afforded by those advances.

-Birkin

http://www.holovaty.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Holovaty

---
Birkin James Diana
Programmer, Integrated Technology Services
Brown University Library