On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:19:17PM -0400, Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
> Mark A. Matienzo wrote:
> >Hi Yitzchak -
> >
> >I might be interested. A few code4lib folks and I did this for
> >code4lib 2007 in Athens, Georgia; our carpool started in Philadelphia,
> >went through DC, and picked up a few folks along the way in Virginia.
> >Even if you can't get a whole lot of people from New York proper, you
> >may be able to snag some others along the way.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Good point.  Aside from the direct route through Allentown and along
> I-81 to Harrisburg PA and through VA, the route could alternately
> follow I-95 through Philly, Balto/DC and Richmond, then cut west
> through NC without too much extra mileage.

I rented the van in Philly in 2007.  I was thinking some kind of train
to WV might be nice, but I could get into the idea of a road trip if
others are interested.  As Bess noted, there might be enough interest
from within our respective areas to warrant multiple cars.  Also, I have
a truck, but it doesn't seat more than two comfortably for long drives.

Gabriel