Colleagues,

There's only one week remaining (until November 2) to register for the DLF Forum in Long Beach, CA on November 11-12.  The latest information about the schedule, agenda, and speakers is available at:

http://www.diglib.org/forums/fall2009/2009fallschedule.htm

In addition to this information, I thought I'd share a couple of resources or stories that highlight the energy and enthusiasm around this Forum.  Roy Tennant has written a nice blog post about the Forum available at http://hangingtogether.org/?p=742

The medal for rearranging one's schedule to present at the Forum might go to Brad Wheeler who is committed to a senior administrator retreat at Indiana University on November 11th.  He's flying from Indiana to California directly from this retreat so that he can participate in the Forum.  I have heard that a group of our colleagues from northern California might rent a bus and drive down together as a group.  Maybe we could think of them as pilgrims!

It's this spirit of pilgrimage that I find in my communication and exchanges with colleagues throughout the DLF community.  I realize that travel embargoes or restrictions affect many of you.  For this reason, we've included options for remote participation on the first day of presentations, noting that the second day of breakout sessions and group discussions does not lend itself readily for such remote participation.  Additionally, we are planning to use chat and Twitter with the hash tag #dlf09f

Still, there's nothing else like being there in person.  Face to face is still the highest bandwidth means of communication.  If you've been debating whether to attend the DLF Forum, I hope that you'll consider registering for the Forum before November 2.

Sayeed