I often recommend against stop word removal altogether.  Is there any
reason you need to remove them?

The primary reason stop words get removed is to increase performance
of queries with very common terms.  If you are encountering that,
using Solr's CommonGramsFilter(Factory) is a good solution to keep
your stop words and alleviate the performance degradation potential.
The HathiTrust folks have had success with the common grams capability.

	Erik