XForms and Orbeon are very interesting tools for developing metadata management tools.

The ONIX developers have used this stack to produce an interface for ONIX-PL called OPLE that people should try out.

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/pals3/onixeditor.aspx

Questions about Orbeon relate to performance and integrability, but I think it's an impressive use of XForms nonetheless.

- Eric

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
41 Watchung Plaza, #132