On Tue, 29 Dec 2009, Thomas Krichel wrote:

>  Requiring an upfront healthy community is particurly problematic is
>  a small community such as digital library work.
>
>  On the other kind, there is widely adopted software that I got
>  cajoled into maintaining, that consider bad. Apache is one of
>  them. I run maybe 50 virtual servers an a bunch of boxes, I am still
>  puzzled how it works and it's trial and error with each software
>  upgrade, where goes that NameVirtualServer thing into, the constant
>  croaks "server foo has no virtualserver". I'm not a dunce, but
>  Apache makes me feel I am one. When I look at these config files
>  that are half-baked XML, I wonder what weed the guy smoked who
>  invented this.
>
>  If I could do it allover again, I would do it in lighttpd. Oh well
>  it was not there in 1995 where I started running web servers.
>
>  Other problematic case: Mailman. I run about 130 mailing lists, over
>  80 have a non-standard config, I am running every few months into
>  problems with onne of them, despite the fact that I wrote a script
>  to configure all the non-standard lists the same way.

Even if they don't have specific forums, if they're more widely adopted
software, you might have luck with well populated, but more generic
forums:

 	programming related:
 		http://stackoverflow.com/

 	server administration:
 		http://serverfault.com/

 	other IT stuff:
 		http://superuser.com/

I admit that I haven't specifically asked any questions about Apache or
Mailman, though.

-Joe