I feel like I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying if a lot of people use
it it. must be good.  I'm saying if there is 1 developer listening to his 1+
users in an open community forum (actual forum, mailing list, chat room,
etc) then the product is healthier than the open source product with no
community involvement.  It still may be crappy software, but I'd be more
likely to check it out over the product with no participation.

Nicole

On Dec 29, 2009 3:38 PM, "Thomas Krichel" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Nicole Engard writes

> That's why I added in 'user' to the community.
 No matter how many people use Apache based web sites, it
 does not make it Apache software better.

 Telling people to use what others are using is just simple
 propaganda to stifle competition.

Cheers, Thomas Krichel http://openlib.org/home/krichel ...