I suppose it would be helpful to actually know the problem that is
trying to be solved here (I mean, a lot of people, including myself,
are throwing out solutions to a problem that's never been actually
defined).

Ethan, what, exactly, are you trying to do?  Do you want authorized
headings?  Or do you want LCSH that appears in the wild?

-Ross.