On Dec 28, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> Quality of code in general: How well-designed is the code architecture, for maintenance and debugging?
>
> Developer Community: Is there a developer community around this software, with multiple people from multiple institutions contributing? Or is it just one founder maintaining it?

These are points well-taken. Thank you.

I have added the quality of code aspect to my internal list because it was not there previously. Much of the subsequent discussion of "good and best" software has surrounded community of some kind. I did not overlook this important aspect, but included it in my definition of support. Yet, I will elaborate for myself. Again, thank you.

--
Eric Morgan