That looks more like an old-style index browse than what I'd think of as a suggestion.  You've returned nothing until the user has typed enough characters to restrict the number of index terms to be returned to a rational number.

An example of the difference between an Index Browse and AutoSuggest can be seen in our VIAF service where a browse on the name "shak" (http://viaf.org/search?operation=scan&scanClause=local.mainHeadingEl+exact+"shak"&version=1.1&responsePosition=10&maximumTerms=1000) returns just slightly over 1000 names, with "shakespeare, william" buried somewhere in the middle.  Whereas sending "shak" to the AutoSuggester (http://viaf.org/AutoSuggest?query=shak) gets back a ranked list of the top ten names that begin with "shak" ("Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616", "Shākyamuni, fl.ca. v560-ca. v480", "Shakuku", ...).  In addition, the AutoSuggester will return something in response to a single keystroke (http://viaf.org/AutoSuggest?query=s).

Ralph