Hello, everyone.

It's been a long time in the making, but we're finally able to announce a new release of the VuFind library discovery interface.

VuFind 1.0RC2 is more configurable than ever before, features the latest Solr 1.4 index engine, and resolves many bugs from the previous release.  It also has some significant new features, including expanded favorites management and a fully-functional advanced search.  For more details, please see our changelog:

http://vufind.org/wiki/changelog

If you want to give the new release a test drive, a demo is available here:

http://vufind.org/demo/

If you're ready to install or upgrade VuFind, please check out the updated and expanded documentation in our wiki:

http://vufind.org/wiki/

I'm always happy to answer questions about the software, so feel free to contact me here, through my email address, or on one of the VuFind mailing lists listed on our support page:

http://vufind.org/support.php

...And now back to work on the full 1.0 release -- I expect it won't be nearly so long in the making as RC2 was!

- Demian