The University of Rochester is pleased to announce the 1.0 production
version of its new open source institutional repository software
platform, IR+.  The University has been running IR+ in production since
August 2009.

The download can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/irplus/downloads/list
<http://code.google.com/p/irplus/downloads/list>

The website for the project can be found here:

http://www.irplus.org <http://www.irplus.org>

IR+ includes the following features:

-   Repository Wide Statistics: download counts at the repository
collection and publication level.  The statistics excludes web crawler
results, and includes the ability to retroactively remove previously
unknown crawlers or download counts that should not be included, for
more accurate statistical reporting.

-   Researcher Pages, to allow users (faculty, graduate students,
researchers) to highlight their work and post their CV

o   Example of a current researcher:
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewResearcherPage.action?researcherId=
30
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewResearcherPage.action?researcherId
=30>

-   Ability to create "Personal publications" that allows users to have
full control over their work and see download counts without publishing
into the repository.

-   An online workspace where users can store files they are working on,
and if needed, share files with colleagues or their thesis advisor.

-          Contributor pages where users can view download counts for
all publications that they are associated with in the repository.

o   Example of a contributor page:
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewContributorPage.action?personNameId
=20
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewContributorPage.action?personNameI
d=20>

-          Faceted Searching (example search for: Graduate Student
Research)

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/searchRepositoryItems.action?query=Medi
cal+Image
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/searchRepositoryItems.action?query=Med
ical+Image>

-          Embargos (example below embargoed until 2011-01-01)

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/institutionalPublicationPublicView.acti
on?institutionalItemId=8057
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/institutionalPublicationPublicView.act
ion?institutionalItemId=8057>

-          Name Authority Control (Notice changes in last name)

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewContributorPage.action?personNameId
=209
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/viewContributorPage.action?personNameI
d=209>

You can see the IR+ system customized for our university and in action
here: https://urresearch.rochester.edu
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu>

A further explanation of highlights can be found on my researcher page
here:

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/researcherPublicationView.action?resear
cherPublicationId=11
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/researcherPublicationView.action?resea
rcherPublicationId=11>

The documentation for the system (install/user/administration) with lots
of pictures can be found on my researcher page here:

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/researcherPublicationView.action?resear
cherPublicationId=16
<https://urresearch.rochester.edu/researcherPublicationView.action?resea
rcherPublicationId=16>

We would be happy to give you a personal tour of the system and the
features it provides.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

-Nate

Nathan Sarr

Senior Software Engineer

River Campus Libraries