I like that idea (and the idea of it as something that exists apart
from the conference budget, but perhaps funds scholarships in the
following year).  I think last year someone suggested putting all the
t-shirt submissions in there (not just the winning one - It lets folks
buy the conference shirt, but also others that might appeal to them).
I think anyone in the community could register
http://shop.cafepress.com/lisforge and manage it as a means to fund
scholarships (or contribute in some other way - depending on the
amount raised).

Kevin