On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:36 AM, Peter Murray wrote:

>> http://libraryideaforum.ideascale.com/
>
> Can you describe a little bit more about this project?  I got the invitation, but ignored it because the home page didn't really have much information about who was behind it and for what reason.

Peter, a few of my friends -- one of which is a business planner and another which is a marketer -- have been asking ourselves questions about open source software and libraries. Is there enough stuff out there to do the work of libraries? What are the sorts of tools libraries need/desire? What are the impediments to use and adoption? The whole thing is pretty much an academic exercise and an investigation for our own edification. We have come to some conclusions. We are looking for some validation. Thus, the IdeaScale.

--
Eric Morgan