On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> The thing is, the NoSQL stuff is pretty much just a key-value store.
>  There's generally no way to "query" the store, instead you can simply look
> up a document by ID.

Schemaless != "no way to query".

Key-value stores, like memcache,  are just one end of what most consider the
nosql spectrum. For instance, I can query my CouchDB instances through the
different views I create.

I thought this blog post had an interesting take on NoSQL, although this
guy, Mike Stonebreaker of VoltDB, obviously has a horse in the race.
http://cacm.acm.org/blogs/blog-cacm/50678-the-nosql-discussion-has-nothing-to-do-with-sql/fulltext

--jay