On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Ryan Eby wrote:

[trimmed]

> But I'm
> guessing they've thought about the data and what benefits they would
> get out of the backend.

Wow.  You obviously don't work with the same folks that I do.

I've been attached to one project for about 16 months now, while the rest
of the team's been together for 4 years ... I've been trying to get a few
changes made to better support my user community (basically, all of the
people who don't have access to their system, or don't want to spend the 6
months using the system 'to be able to do something almost useful'.

About 2-3 months ago, the main project team finally realized that they
have *no*idea* what the user community wants or needs.

Oh, and they have to go live on April 21st.  I'm expecting a major 'wtf?'
reaction from the majority of the community.

-Joe