The other confusing thing is it depends on what you mean by "Dublin
Core".   The phrase has been used to refer to _at least_ two entirely
different things:
1) A (very) simple list of data elements, that is a controlled
vocabulary for "fields".
2) A much more complex standard way of building out entire metadata
'profiles', which may have nothing to do with that first initial simple
list of fields.

In either case, it doesn't have much to do with the FRBR Conceptual
Model, other than that all of them are attempts to standardize
machine-readable metadata in somewhat different contexts.

Jonathan