This was the only information I found when I developed unAPI support for
our MetaLib installation:
<http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1229/unapi-support/>. Based on my
experimentation and looking at the code, if my memory serves:

1. At least the formats mentioned in the forum post. I believe it uses
the docs attribute to distinguish formats, as type can be e.g.
application/xml for multiple formats.

2. Weird, but I don't remember how. I ended up providing only MARCXML,
DC and RIS, because it chose MODS over MARCXML if it was available and
did something that sucked. Things may have changed, this was in 2008.

3. Didn't test this one, we only provide a single record at a time.

4. It chose COinS over unAPI at least at the time, and I found that to
be a bit problematic.

5. Dunno.

--Ere