I should add that as of 2009 release III now has a My Millennium api
product that gives access to the user info. Fines and other api
available as product for previous version.

http://www.iii.com/products/patron_web_services.shtml

The rest of the info I got in 2007 from asking in #code4lib. I guess I
should be happy that things have improved in just a few years.

eby