Quoting Ed Summers <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Tim Spalding <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> While the new draft is written in a much friendlier tone, and even has
>> some improvements, it also takes away concrete rights that libraries
>> had in the earlier drafts, including the right to consider fully
>> "theirs" records that a library had themselves cataloged, whether or
>> not the records moved through OCLC wires.
>
> Hi Tim, can you cite the specific language in the document that
> says/implies this? I haven't had time to look it over in depth yet,
> and if you have it would be useful to keep the discussion anchored to
> the text.

The previous policy said:

"An OCLC Member or Non-OCLC Member may Use or Transfer the following
without complying with this Policy: (i) a WorldCat Record designated
in WorldCat as the Original Cataloging of the OCLC Member or Non-OCLC
Member; or (ii) a bibliographic record which is not Derived from
WorldCat whether or not the OCLC Member or Non-OCLC Member adds the
OCLC control number to the record."
(p.2)

That language is not present in the new policy.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net